Okay, I am sittin' here listening to my current fav, Jazmine Sullivan! TRYING to stay warm in frigid Dallas... Yeah, I said it and as a New York native, I have a hell of a lot of nerve complaining about the cold when the East Coast has become Frosty the Snowman's current playground but shucks, let's face it, I've become accustomed to fair Dallas and the beautiful weather we usually enjoy year-round and with temps at 30 degrees [with a wind chill factor of 21 degrees, thank you], I am a-shivering in my boots!
And, I am wearing boots and not the cowgirl kind neither... I have my fur-lined <<fake fur, okay PETA?>> UGGS and not for fashion purposes... Geez, global warming really is becoming a pain in the a@@. And, as a smoker, this sh** really has become painful.
I cannot function in any weather below sixty degrees anymore, I become a lethargic lump of human flesh that wants nothing more than to stay in bed with the covers up to my chin basking in the warmth of a nite snuggly-encased in my own body heat and do absolutely NOTHING, until the weather 'breaks'...
So here I am waiting for next week because then we will be back in the 60's and I can get back to the business of living... like, smoking a cig during a break where I am not encased in fuzzy cotton materials, [i.e. hat, gloves, scarfs, thermal underwear and socks] and plan the garden I am having put in in the spring. More on "the Garden Project" later...

No comments:
Post a Comment