Okay, gotta admit, I've slacked off on the "Closets" project. BUT, I have been working long hours the past few weeks and quite frankly, the only thing I've done is: cook dinner <bleh!>, help my daughter with homework <bleh! bleh!> and then bed! Exciting life I am leading, huh? And, I am no help with the homework, because it turns out, I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!! And, she's in 8th grade... What the hell is this "New Math" crap, anyway?
Okay, now that my excuses have been aired, I did complete one closet... The "Holiday" closet. This closet contained wrapping paper, bows, boxes, ribbons, baskets, tissue paper, party bags, gift bags, a spare computer, a broken vacuum cleaner, etc. etc. [I think I've made my point...] And, this is a SMALL closet...
I will admit to having purchased an inordinate amount of wrapping paper over the years. Of course, every year there are so many new styles of paper, I just couldn't resist picking up a few rolls. Folks, that stuff adds up and I am firmly committed to NOT buying any more wrapping paper for the forseeable decade...
Although there was not a lot that was disposed of, I did organize with a ruthlessness that would make any germ-a-phob or neat freak happy. Everything has a place now and my closet looks like Martha Stewart ad!
Okay, maybe not a Martha ad, but my closet has given me hope that I can repeat this marvel of organization with another closet. I will let you know which one I pick in my next post. I hope its my bedroom closet... The crap in my closet really needs to go, but its the worst one in my house and I am pretty sure I am avoiding it on purpose. I had years of "procrastination" experience, and you may see a LOT of it here!
No comments:
Post a Comment